We're celebrating Cinco de Mayo a few days early this year to make the most of the weekend! We love our margaritas, but needed something a little more special than just our usual tequila + margarita mix + limes + salt formula. So we decided to kick up the flavor with jalapeños and mangos...and we can't get enough of this spicy and sweet combo! Easy, fun, and delicious, this recipe will be sure to get you feeling good for the holiday and impress guests at any party.
Roasted Jalepeno Mango Margarita (serves 8):
-2 mangos (whole fruit if you want the drink more spicy, or if you prefer your drinks on the sweeter side we suggest using splashes of mango juice instead)
-10 limes (we like ours exxxxtra lime-y, but you can use however many limes you'd like)
- 20 oz (2.5 cups) of silver tequila (again, this can be adjusted to suit how strong you prefer)
- 20 oz (2.5 cups) of sweet & sour mix
1) Roast the whole jalapeños on top of the stove until the flames have roasted and blistered the skin of the jalapeños. You can do this in a frying pan if you have an electric stove.
2) Cut the jalapeños horizontally and set aside.
3) Cut the mango in to small pieces and muddle thoroughly. Set aside. This step can be skipped if you're opting to use mango juice instead of the full mangoes.
4) Mix the silver tequila and sweet & sour mix (or margarita mix) in a pitcher. Add plenty of ice.
5) Distribute a large spoonful of the muddled mango mixture into each glass. Add 3 slices of jalapeños. You can always add more slices later on if you would like your drink spicier.
6) Squeeze a whole lime's worth of juice into each glass. Pour in the tequila mixture.
7) Stir and voilá! You're ready to party!
* You can combine all these steps and add all of the ingredients into the pitcher directly to save time and avoid remaking drinks. However, we chose to do this recipe separately so each person could decide how sweet or spicy they wanted their margaritas.